Thursday 24 January 2013

On The Cover Of A Magazine

You know the old saying "don't judge a book by it's cover". And, yes, that's true in so many ways. But I have a weakness for beautiful magazine covers. Many of them are like works of art, and are too pretty to store away with only their spine showing. I want to have them out on display.


Models.com posted a feature recently on their favourite covers for 2012, the ones with maximum visual impact. "The wealth of inventiveness has pushed magazine covers to new levels of creativity"...








My favourites for 2012 were the four individual covers created for Vs Magazine. They featured an all star cast of Liv Tyler, Amanda Seyfried, Coco Rocha, and Rachel McAdams. I'd like to frame these and hang them in my daughter's bedroom. They remind me of David Bromley's nude series.





Framing and hanging magazine covers on the wall is a great way to have you favourites permanently on display...


via


These vintage Vogues are perfect for a dressing room...


via


Or, for a more casual look, you can do what I did as a kid, and wallpaper your entire wall...


via

7 comments :

  1. I LOVE mag covers as well, especially with Kate Moss. Such an icon. I'd love to have those framed vintage Vogue covers - very cool. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just dropped in to say how much I loved the dip dyed tassel. for some strange reason my email is not receiving your post updates so I am going to try to register again as I am missing lots of your wonderful posts :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images Vic and what a great idea. I never thought of that as an idea for interior styling but it is really lovely. P.S - I mentioned you in my blog this afternoon - Fashion and Style: Peacock Feathery, you gave me some great inspiration from one of your posts!!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Vs Magazine covers are fab! I adore Rachel McAdams so I would love to frame them and put them up in my office (well, my future office).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im a huge fan of gorgeous fashion photography Vic. These are wonderful. Love that first one of Kate most :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love magazine covers framed and the image with the Vogue gallery wall is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really do seem perfect for hanging in the bedroom. I think this would be a nice touch for your daughter's room.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips