Thursday 16 May 2013

Healthy Living

We are all very aware these days of our planet, and the need to take care of it. Being the mum of three young girls, it's really important to me that this world is safe and healthy for them in the future. So I was thrilled to receive a parcel full of natural New Zealand products last week from The Green House.

All of The Green House products are plant-based, free of harmful chemicals, and their packaging is 100% biodegradable. The are designed to be gentle on you, your home, and the environment. What more could you ask for?!




I started using the All Purpose Cleaner straight away, and I love it. In fact, I got into a bit of a cleaning frenzy, wiping down just about every surface in sight - benches, cupboard doors, the stovetop, even the windows. It smells divine - citrusy and clean with a hint of lavender. The Refreshing Room Spray and the Hand & Body Lotion are equally as beautiful to use, and I'm saving the Soap (the packaging is too pretty to rip open just yet!) for a special occasion.




I'm so impressed with all the products that I look forward to trying more. In particular, the First Aid Balm, and Aches & Pains Balm would both be really handy for our busy family. And the Dreamy Coconut Soy Candle sounds delicious!


Feeling inspired by The Green House's natural philosophies, I looked into some other companies who live by a similar motto. Matt & Nat (short for material & nature) make the most beautiful bags using eco/recycled/upcycled materials wherever possible, including recycled plastic bottles for linings. They don't like hurting animals and they care about the welfare of our planet, so that means no leather, and lots of vegan cupcakes for smoko.






They have even designed a range of bags exclusively for Apple, that are only sold in the Online Apple store.




And because we have to look after ourselves as well as the planet you should definitely check out Move Nourish Believe, a site by Lorna Jane, my favourite sport and activewear company. Lorna Jane believes in a three pillared philosophy of move your body, nourish from the inside out, and believe anything is possible. The new website provides daily motivation and inspiration, healthy recipes, interviews, videos and much more. Make it a daily read, right after you read my blog :)






4 comments :

  1. I love the look of the greenhouse stuff x go nz !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the chemical smell of conventional cleaners (and their garish brightly coloured plastic bottles) so I would love something natural like The Green House products. Off to check out Move Nourish Believe! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't The Green House cleaner amazing? I've been spraying mine everywhere too! Great finds and love that last quote x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the Green House packaging too!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips