Monday 2 December 2013

A Designer's Home

As you know, I love finding homes that inspire me with their unique design style, and I always like to share these with you. This next home fascinates me - I'm totally inspired by the bold use of colour and pattern, and the story also strikes a chord with me.




The South Carolina home belongs to artist and designer, Whitney McGregor. Although she works with many clients, turning their homes into beautiful spaces, her own home has been the most difficult. I can relate to this - when working on a client's home (like Whitney) I think about their needs, and their personal aesthetic; but I'm exposed to so many amazing things, it can be hard to make decisions when it comes to my own home. In the end, I have to stay true to the things I absolutely love, and treat myself as a client, thinking about the practicalities.





Whitney cleverly combines high-end designer pieces in her home with up-cycled, much more affordable pieces. The little scenario below is my favourite. The leopard print cushion clashes beautifully with the floral chair - bold and unexpected. The cute gold sidetable picks up the tones of the cushion, as do the books with the chair. And the quirky black and white print on the wall balances the scene.






To see and read more about Whitney's home, pop over to Design*Sponge for the full story.






photos by Heidi Geldhauser

1 comment :

  1. Wow! What a bold approach to mixing colour and pattern. I was surprised to see the floral curtains in the bedroom mixed with the blue polka dot chair but this house seems to have broken all the rules and each room is a pleasant surprise.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips